Friday, May 8, 2009

Spoiled Dogs and Mothers Day

You want us to get down? You can't be serious! We are both so comfortable, Can't you pretend you did not see us on your bed?The big guy is looking at me as though he is gonna cry, I don't wanna move, I am so old! .... For the love of God, please let them stop looking at me like that cause I am such a sucker......I have decided if there is reincarnation I want to come back as one of my dogs, they are so spoiled. They obviously have the run of the house, yard, my heart. They even have the nerve to let me know if the food is not quite to their liking....They turn up their noses and walk away obviously disqusted that there is not a people food to be found in their bowls....I have startedd watching Ceasar Milan, the dog whisperer. He is awesome. He says and is adamant about keeping them off the furniture so they know they are not leader of the pack. How do you think that is working for me.? I know they are not like children but man do they have me wrapped around their paws.!!!!!!On the dog whisperer today they were showing dogs in Mexico and how they are treated...They also said that out of 2 dogs and all their litters and mates etc, that in 7 years there can easily be 6700 dogs...I could not believe this, it is so sad because the rescue group they were working at was doing what they could and had saved about 500 in a two year period. It was very sad to see. I urge people to have their pets spayed and neutered and to be responsible dog owners.

I had a talk with one of my girlfriends today and her son and his girlfriend had just lost their baby. It was very, very sad. My heart just broke for her and the kids. She was still in the angry part and questioning why, How could such a terrible thing happen. I had no answers but to tell her there are different phases to a grief process and just allow herself to feel. We have been friends for over 20 years. She is such a strong lady which is one of the reasons that I admire her so! I just felt off the rest of the day. I have never had children and believe maybe that was best for me as I just don't know how I would handle such a thing. I told this to my husband and he said you know you underestimate yourself, you have grieved for the children you never had! He said you have your sisters children that you treat like your own. That is one thing aabout my sisters, they both let me be very involved in their childrens lifes. Even though I am their favorite Aunt, they are my babies....Oh gosh the 16 year old would just die if he heard that....Babies...he would cringe. My favorite keepsake I have is of a mothers day card I got when my niece was maybe 3 and she had signed her name along with her brother. You could not read it, it was just a scribble......I knew how hard she had tried to write...well of course it made me cry...happy tears!
Memories arent they fun! I wish all of you have a great mother's day! It takes a village to raise a child, so I am sure we have touched some along our way. Kindness has the ripple effect. It would be real interesting to see how an act of kindness can change ones path in life and how it effects the other....It is getting late...First thing in the am I feel the need to call my Mother, Second , get the dogs off the bed and take them for a walk. Third....probably visit blogland. Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, no matter how old they get, they will always be my babies. How wonderful that you have nieces and nephews to love on! The dogs look very cute sitting at the edge of your bed! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, to lose a child, no no no no. My love and gentle warmth to them and to your girlfriend, and to YOU! I think what you said was perfect, although I know it just doesn't feel like enough.

    Ah, your dogs ... I want to come SHARE them with you, I miss mine so badly! And I love Cesar Milan -- my brothers and I all watch the show, but we all have cats, too, and try the tricks on the cats. HA!!! Ever try keeping a feline out of a window sill? They'll shred you before they let that happen.

    Thank you so much for the Mother's Day well wishes, and back to you, Darling Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni, you can come share them anytime, I also have a cat and a bird. The cat does play fetch with scrumped up pieces of paper...other than taht she does exactly as she wants. I think they figure there all doing me a favor by letting me live here. Ha Ha!
    As for my friend, your right you just don't know what to say. I felt just drained I was so sick for her. Thankyou for your wellwishes to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lois, I hope you have a great weekend and that the Colonel is around for you. And your right no matter how old they get, they will always be a mothers babies. Have a great weekend/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinner: Great mama of great dogs, a happy day to you, too! And, remember, 'There are no answers to emotional questions that begin with why.' I'm thinking of your friends in their grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, no, I didn't get your email with the address...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly the email address is cinwain@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I value your opinion and your friendship.