Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Wedding Winter Wonderland!

Hi Everyone, we have returned safe and sound  and are back from
celebrating my younger sisters wedding.
If you can believe it the day before there was hardly any snow,
and this is what we woke up to. My sister had called first thing as I was staying at my other sisters.
She said Have you looked outside? I could sense her annoyance,
and I said Think of it as a Gift from God, knowing that as I am saying it,
she is still wishing for better weather.
Surprisingly it did not put a damper on the day,
although a few friends and family could not come because of the roads.
My sister looked beautiful, and her two boys walked her down the aisle.
To me the boys looked so handsome, of course I have never seen them dressed up like this before.
The younger one at the end of the day said he was never wearing shoes like that again,
that his feet were killing him and he was going to get married in his bare feet.
Here is the lovely couple leaving the church
to the song I Feel Good by James Brown.
They are both so happy.
The only sad thing of the day was all of us missing our Dad,
especially my Mom. It was the first family function since he died May 30, 2009.
We know he was watching from above and would have been very proud and happy for
my sister. The next day, after the wedding, my older sister had the rest of the family over to her house,
the snow was melting, water was running, and the boys and Uncles played Cribbage for part of the afternoon.
......
We came home on Monday, the weather is beautiful and signs of Spring are all around us.
My husband is off on holidays this week, so I am enjoying the time with him.
We were going to go to the mountains but with the storm that had blown in, we opted to go another time.
It turns out the honeymooners went to the mountains....like we wanted to crash their time alone.
.........
I hope you have all been well and know I will be around to visit your blogs and you
all very soon.
Until next time,
Have Your Very Best Day.

18 comments:

  1. Love the turquoise and white colour scheme for the bridal party! And the happy couple look wonderful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful wedding!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Really enjoyed this post!
    I wish your sister much joy!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again-
    lovely wedding - I can feel the joy, beauty and peace within and all around. :-)
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. big smiles. looks and sounds like a wonderful wedding...i would so get married barefoot...lol. good to see you cinner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovley pictures Cinner! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how beautiful cindy...i bet she was so happy to have you both there....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful and happy photos! Thanks for sharing and what a beautiful day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful dress your sister is wearing and she is gorgeous!! So glad all went well..the photos are terrific!!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather doesn't put a damper on such a special day. They do look like happy newlyweds. Best wishes to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what gorgeous pictures--and your sister looks beautiful! I love her tiara! and that shade of blue that everyone is wearing is so gorgeous...
    and I love her flowers!

    I wish her and her husband much joy and happiness.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting married in bare feet - that has a lot going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snow is gorgeous... And the wedding looks so sweet. I love that their exit song was "I Feel Good."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh oh oh she is beautiful hon!! What sweet pics..I love the boys..and the happiness on their faces!! How wonderful is that!!
    Hugs and love to you my dear friend, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh goodness, she made a beautiful bride. such lovely photos.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! How pretty is that dress? And perfect for her. Glad you all had a great time, and yes, your Dad IS very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colours, too bad we couldn't make it out. Congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. She was beautiful, my sister and I made all the flowers a while back. now she has to figure out what to do with all the decorations. The weather did not damper there spirits at all. They are now back at home and starting their new life as a family. take care and thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I value your opinion and your friendship.