Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who is She?

This painting I did after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. This picture without this frame shows how the hair is like a whirlwind. The little girl in the picture I called Katrina.....Yesterday my husband and I went for groceries and I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was with her Mom. The little girl was smiling and she had no front teeth. It was like she had sunshine all around her. I was passing them and I said, "Oh my what happened to your teeth?"She smiled at me, she was so excited and said in a quiet little voice, "They fell out!"I told her she was just beautiful, had a little talk with her Mother whom also had one of the biggest smiles I had ever seen.They waved and I waved as we went our separate ways. I just felt on cloud nine after meeting this lovely young child with not a care in the world. She seemed so happy, so loved, so safe. The auroa was just brilliant. I woke tonight thinking of her and wondered, how many people are gonna be touched by this little girl. It was as if she had been sent to beam hope,faith and love my way. Most of the other customers seemed so oblivious to her. They were in their own thoughts getting their produce, some obviously in a hurry. I thought to myself, sad that some people don't know the joy that is so close to them. Everyone I met I smiled and talked to, wished the clerk a fabulous day, opened the door for an elderly lady, etc, talked to a fellow passing by our home. I was sitting outside. I swear it felt like Waltons Mountain around here. My day was made from one little angel. I know I will think of her again, she was my little Katrina. My advise to anyone is to smile more, worry less and have faith that we are in good hands. Notice the good in people, feed from the positive. It may just be enough to turn your day around...It is 452 am and I am ramblin on and on. I hope you have a great day. Keep Smiling.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cinner...and you are my blog today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting. And you, what a beautiful spirit I feel from you.

    Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cinner, nice to meet you! This is a great paining and I love this story. I totally agree - worry less, smile more is the way to making life a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, thankyou so much for making your blog about me. I was very touched and very surprised

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. It's just the synchronisity of our world. I had already decided on using that picture for Silent Sermon Sunday, and then I came to see what you posted, and there was a quote, a wonderful quote from you containing the word, 'hand'...so I just had to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I value your opinion and your friendship.