Thursday, July 9, 2009

If My Friends Were Flowers....



My beautifful peonies are almost done for the season. There is still one to open but the rest will soon be a memory of this season in my garden. Sad that all the flowers don't bloom at the same time and stay all season...Now I am just being selfish. I guess this way we can truly enjoy them because of how splendid they are alone. Just like our flowers so too are our friends splendid in their own uniqueness. If I had a garden of my friends it would be quite colorful. Would the brightest be the most excentric, whom would I compare to the roses. Would my garden have weeds. Whom would be my 15 foot sunflowers. would they be the strongest, the most loyal, the most adventurest. I am thinking of my friends and realize that there is still so much to learn. Hopefully they will be there for many more seasons. Today I had a phone call from a friend that I had not talked to in about a year. I was reminded of a post I read this morning on one of the blogs. It was about how sometimes people are sent to you for a reason when we need them. It was funny as today my friend was someone we always shared farm stories with. We chatted as if no time had passed at all...Now was there a reason he thought of me today or did he somehow know I needed to hear from him. Life has so many wonders, flowers, friends. As the petals fall from the flowers, I remind myself they will come again. For now I pick them up and hold them in my hand and let them fall gently to the ground. I have some calls to make today!I have some friends that need to be told how I value them in my life. Some times if you don't take the time, the friendship can fall like petals to the ground. With a little time and care both the gardens and friendships can bloom again.

7 comments:

  1. Cinner, this is lovely. I really like how you related the qualities of a friendship to that of our flowers...it's so true.

    Well said, Cinner! That's why I love coming here. Very much.

    Enjoy your gardens and your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! Love the picture! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...well said. As I get older many of my friends are spread farther away, living in different towns and states. I too need to make the effort to stay in contact, and I think a phone call is better than email. I can so easily get stuck in my daily routine that I don't lift my head to look out of it. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cinner it is your favorite nephew isaiah. i think that, that was a really cool post and ithink its awsome that you have 31 followers. i would be a follower too but i dont have a email well i did but a virus wiped out my email...bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Cinner...lovely how your compared your friends to flowers!! I just weeded my garden...I found too many of my friends were only there if I could help them..when my life fell apart or when I needed them just to talk too. They were no where to been seen..but sure enough when they needed me I got a call... In a way Cinner I think I have become bitter, that's why I think I have turned to Nature. I can love it and capture it and it doesn't impact my life by hurting. If you know what I mean. Your post today made me think alot...that my true garden is very empty...except for my family who grow there strong and true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post. Friends are very much like flowers and yes, we must take time to care for them. My peonies are losing their petals now too. The heavy rains we have had here didn't help. But they were beautiful while they were here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very true...wonderfully thoughtful and thought provoking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I value your opinion and your friendship.