Friday, June 17, 2011

Extraordinary...Our Friend Char

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary
is a little something extra.
by Jimmy Johnson

I sat here for what seems like hours yesterday
thinking of my friend Char from Ramblins,
Today I can only tell you that she was
an Extraordinary woman, photographer,aunt,
cook, as I learned in every post she shared with us.
She encouraged and inspired
She evoked feelings of peace in my heart 
every day.
She was loved and is loved by many.
I will miss you Char.
You will always be remembered!
...................
Can you imagine the photography
she will do in heaven.
A quote she had on her blog.
It's not what you look at that matters,
it's what you see.
(By Thoreau)
.................
She reminds me that life is short,
and she would want us all
to live and have
Our Very Best Days.
................
The music I listened to today
was Goodbye My Friend
by Aaron Neville and Linda Rondstad.
...........................
I know you are in a peaceful place
and that gives me some peace.
Until we one day meet.
if I could be so blessed..

9 comments:

  1. A little something extra is exactly right. Love that first quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs) glad you have good memories of them...and can look forward to meeting her one day right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cinner...this is beautiful. She is so missed!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is the second blog that I've seen with a lovely tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. I did not know about this. I have missed her regular posts with her insightful thoughts and photos, and her encouraging comments of late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss! I am sure she will be missed.
    Yes she is up there doing lots of photography and cooking up a storm!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. cindy....your tribute to char is beautiful and spot on.....she was our "extra" in so many ways, in so many things.....

    someone told me in a comment that she was a ray of light.....i said, i believe she was the whole sun. she truly was. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely tribute to an extraordinary woman. It is a blessing just being associated with some people. It is like soaking up the benefits to be received from them as well as soaking in the love and goodness to be shared with others. Hugs to you as you adjust to your feelings of loss now; and do know you can bring about the benefits of knowing her whenever you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cinner I am so sorry! It is a sad day when we lose a blogger friend, or any friend for that matter. Hugs for you. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I value your opinion and your friendship.